Thursday, November 6, 2008

Inspiring outfits from an unexpected place

I'm sure some of you guys have certain online store websites that you check frequently. For me, one of them is Forever 21. I usually go to their "new arrivals" section and see if there's anything that catches my eye and I'll put it on my wishlist. The main reason I do this is whenever I go shopping with my friends from home, we always start or end at Forever 21 (sometimes that's the same thing!). The store is pretty big and it can get pretty overwhelming. So, I always like having a few items in mind that I know I want to check out. It is so much easier this way, instead of being swayed by all the pretty things I can get my hand on (especially the accessory section).

And another reason I love checking out their site is that they have models on every page dressed up in unique outfits. Plus they even have a "Shop by Outfit" page just for that! I sometimes use this to find an item I wouldn't have bought, but reconsider after seeing it put on a model. It's basically another place I get some outfit inspiration if I need it.

I compiled some of my favorite looks and the links of some of the pieces in case you decide you have the sudden urge to open your wallet (and your closet!)

Look 1
I adore the plaid coat and the length is perfect. It's an easy, but still very stylish, outfit for braving the cold weather. Topped off with a chunky beret (featured in a previous post), a knit scarf, and a rhinestone pin, it's easy to be warm and fashionable at the same time.

Coat
: Tartan DB Coat, $39.80.
Shoes: Alicia Ankle Boot, $28.80
Pin: Rhinestone Snowflake Pin, $7.80

Look 2
Although I would opt for darker boots, this is still very cute. I could definitely see myself wearing this on those chilly winter mornings, waking up for my 8 am classes. Comfort and style goes hand-in-hand in this look by making it all about layers in trendy colors.

Sweater: Elbow Patch Cardigan, $26.90
Top: Sequined Racerback Tank, $16.90
Shoes: Mattie Boots, $38.80
Hat: Blaine Beanie, $8.80


Look 3
This is an ideal way to put a new spin on a LBD that you probably already have! Pair some color tights in burgundy (or another fab shade) to look amazing and keep warm during those holiday parties. To make this feminine piece more tough add some booties and "rocker chic" accessories.

Gloves: Fingerless Long Lace Gloves, $5.80
Tights: Leah Tights, $4.90
Bracelet: Treasure Hinged Bracelet, $4.80; Gemstone Beaded Bracelet, $7.80
Comb: Mini Tiara Hair Comb, $7.80
Bag: Osiris Clutch, $19.80

Look 4
This look is a bit more conservative. But I like how, even though it's more structured, the skirt still keeps the outfit interesting. This is a great way of letting one piece be the center of attention by keeping the rest of your clothing in the same color.

Top: Eyelet Trim Sequin Top, $19.80
Skirt: Paisley Brocade Skirt, $22.80
Socks: Cabled Knee High Socks, $4.80
Bracelet: Interwoven Bracelet, $3.80; Knotted Snake Chain Bracelet, $4.80


I'll save the next set of outfits for tomorrow's post! Out of all these items, I definitely want to add the knee high socks to my wishlist. It's a chic way to keep your feet warm, perfect for pairing with boots, and can be scrunched down (like in Look 4) to give it a new spin. Are any of these items a new must-have for your winter wardrobe?

♥ Celeste

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP